Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My work schedule, if you’re interested!

I’m teaching at Gamsung Elementary in Pusan, South Korea! It’s a very tiny school, with only 270 students and it sits on top of a hill, with a gorgeous view from every window of the city and port! This is the view out one of my windows, looking down at the playground and some houses.


I teach (4) 40 minute English conversation student classes a day (except Monday I don't have any classes!) from 9:00am – 12:10pm. I teach 5th and 6th grade on Tuesdays and Fridays, 1st and 2nd grade on Wednesdays, and 3rd and 4th grade on Thursdays. My classes range between 18 students and 22 students! It’s sooooo nice, and they are ALL adorable!

Each afternoon, I teach (1) or (2) 50 minute English conversation classes to either parents and/or the teachers at my school, depending on the day! I have not started those yet. I believe those begin next week.

I have to be at the school from 8:40am-4:40pm, and trust me, TEACHERS CAN NOT LEAVE during the school day, or even a minute early at the end of the day! The schedule is VERY strict. The teachers all wait at the door for the clock to strike 4:40pm and then they all file out the door! Oh, and the students don’t start packing up before the bell rings to change classes like they do in America. In fact, yesterday, Stella kept talking to them at least 3 minutes after the bell rang and the kids just sat and listened, tentatively, to what she was teaching and waited for her to tell them they could go. They are like little ANGELS! Well, at least yesterday they were! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment