Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Just call me Alexis!

Well, it turns out that my name means VAGINA in Korean, so Stella told me "it would be best" if I picked a new name! I couldn't believe it. What are the chances that my name would be one of the most awkward words in Korean, and that I would work at an elementary school, where all the kids would laugh when they head it?!

During lunch the 1st day, the Vice Principal asked me what I wanted everyone to call me. I said, "Miss Alexis please." He looked at me with a questioning eye, so Stella explained the predicament with my name. The teachers all started laughing and said, "We will call you Alexis" in their broken English! The Vice Principal immediately walked up to the schedule board in the teachers lounge and wrote this.

5 comments:

  1. hahaha....it's so weird! my name is there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! LOL. That is hysterical. I was wondering why your earlier posts referred to you as Alexis. LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great! "Alexis" I love reeading your stories....keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jill!
    We don't know each other but I am preparing to start applying for ESL jobs and am hoping to go to Korea. I stumbled on your blog randomly and I have been cracking up reading these posts! Thank you for your candid stories and your honesty and your wonderful positivity and I'm looking forward to catching up on the rest of your blog!
    -Aimee

    ReplyDelete