Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Drove and Elephant!!

Yep, that’s right… I drove an elephant! Well, technically, I went "elephant trekking", but my guide let me sit on her head and ride her around! It was sooo awesome!

We all started together as a group (5 elephants total) but as soon as we crossed the river into the jungle, we were allowed to let them roam free!! It was such an awesome experience to not be butt to butt with the other elephants, like I had thought it would be.

My elephant was 48 yrs old… The guide said that the most pink spots they have, the older they are. She was a total sweetheart, and I gave her lots of pats on the head… Im not sure if they like that, but Macy always liked it, so I decided to give it a try!!

After I jumped off, she got into the river for her afternoon bath!


During the ride, I met this awesome family who is are originally from Madagascar, but have lived in France for the past 20+ year. We actually switched cameras with each other so they could take pics of me and I could get some of them too!


After the ride, the guide asked the 5 oof us if we wanted to take a hike through the jungle... We said, "Of course" and off we went. We walked across river holding onto ropes, and walking along bamboo bridges like this one... I was really cool!

He took us to this area of the river where we could swim. I've never swam in a jungle river before. I guess I can check that off my bucket list too! There was an area of the river, where you could sit between the rocks and it felt like you were in a jacuzzi!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment