Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, August 6, 2012

The Hoppy's are here!

I was so excited when my parents arrived in Black Mountain! They came straight to Pegg's house for dinner with Aaron, Pegg, and I.   They were pretty excited to be there, as you can see!  
Are those HAPPY HOPPY'S or what?!

Two days later, after running around town all day getting last minute wedding details dialed in, Aaron and I called my mom and dad to see what they were up to and my mom was just about to cook dinner at the cabin they had rented for the week!  We may or may not have invited ourselves over for dinner!  But, my mom swears she loved having us there!  It was a win win for everyone!  :)  
The boys played a little game of mini-pool after dinner...

.... and how adorable is this bag!?  
Don't worry, be Hoppy!
Pegg found them at Cracker Barrel and bought it.  She probably asked me 5 times before I took it over to my parents if I thought they were too corny!  haha.  I loved them, and so did my mom!

The night before the wedding, Aaron and I headed back over to my parents cabin, charmingly named "The Mountain Getaway" for a Hoppy (dad's side) / McCallister (mom's side) family reunion!  This was such a special night for me, because my dad's sister and her husband and all of my mom's side of the family were there!  Every summer, we would fly to Alabama for 2 months and stay at my Mimmy and Granddady's (mom's parents), but we never went back after they both passed away when I was in middle school.  I had never even met my cousin Shelby (2nd from the right) until this night, and she's 16!  Amazingly, it felt like no time had passed at all, and we all jumped right back into being family!  It was A.W.E.S.O.M.E and we all swore never to let that much time go between visits again! 
***Photo credit to my sister's camera timer.  (Thanks Amy!) 

I'm blessed with an incredibly supportive, funny, loving, encouraging, and super fun to be with family!
Thank you to Barb, Jeff, my sister, mom, dad, aunt Judie, Shelby, Jenn, Kirk and Will for coming all the way from Colordao, New York, California, Mississippi, Alabama, and Virginia for my special day!

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment