Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, September 5, 2011

Funny Chuseok gift set!

It's officially the week of Chuseok here in Korea, which always makes me want to shout from the rooftops, "Bring on the funny Chuseok gift sets!"  

Before lunch today, my school's Administration presented me with this lovely bag from Lotte Department Store (a VERY overpriced store that I love to walk through, but never buy anything at!)  I did the good ole' lift and shake game to guess what it was... 

It was REALLY heavy, so I thought maybe shampoo?  Soap?   Juice?  I was wrong!

...No wonder I've gained weight since moving to Korea!  Maybe it's because I receive huge boxes of oil for holidays!  Yes, that's 1800ml's of oil in that box!  Eeekkk!  
Thank you Dae Gyo Elementary School!

UPDATE: Sept 7th
I just got back from lunch, and ANOTHER box of cooking oil was on my desk!  Really?!
  
I know it's the thought that counts, but why would anyone need this much oil?   Okk said a typical Korean family will use an entire bottle of oil to cook 1 holiday meal!  OH MY GOSH!  According to the label on this box, that's 14,860 calories worth of oil!  I think I'll be inquiring about the exchange policy at my local Home Plus this afternoon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment