Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Jagalchi Festival!

This week is the Jagalchi Sea Festival! The Jagalchi Fish Market is a world famous fish market, located on the edge of Nampo Port (남포항), Busan, the 5th largest port in the world! Yesterday, they had a parade, lots of live shows throughout the area, and a firework show over the water! Here are some pictures of the night!

This is a local high school band...


...Notice they are all girls! Most high schools in Korea are either all boy schools or all girl schools! And what's up with the cheerleading skirts?!


This float reminded me a lot of the floats I saw at a 4th of July parade that I went to in Show Low (Northern Arizona) a couple years ago with Kevin's family... They had garbage bins as floats... here, they had a maintenance truck all decked out in balloons and posters, with elementary age girls belly dancing in the back! Random!!!


These boys were my favorite... They were numchucking!!!

After the parade, I walked over to the fish market and ordered some steamed clams! They were delicious. :)
Then... As the sun was going down, I thought it would be wise to head over to the bridge, which connects Jagalchi to Yeongdo Island. I had heard it would be crowded, and I wanted to make sure I got a spot! Luckily it wasn't crowded at all... :)
The fireworks over the harbor were absolutely stunning.... and the weather, while it could have been a little more windy to move the smoke from the sky, it was beautiful sweatshirt and flip flop weather!
P.S. Sorry for the semi blurry pictures lately! I've been taking my camera everywhere with me in my purse and have not been taking care of it like I probably should... :( It needs a serious overhaul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment