Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, March 30, 2009

My trip to the Hospital

Today, I took the day off of work and stayed home sick. I couldn't breathe out of my nose and my throat was swollen! I walked to the hospital, which is close to our apartment. I walked in and immediately walked to the front desk and told the young woman my symptoms. She asked me to sit down and wait for 5-10 minutes, but before I could even sit down another nurse motioned for me to follow her. She led me into the doctor's office... yep, his actual office! He asked me my symptoms and diagnosed me with "the common cold." I was relieved it was not something worse! He told me to drink 20 cups of water or juice everyday and not to eat oily food. I said, "thank you!" and walked out to the front desk again. I owed 3,500 won, which is the equivalent of $2.00. I was handed a prescription for vitamins, which also cost the equivalent of $2.00!


When the pharmacist handed me my vitamins, he pointed to each pack and said, "take at good morning, lunchie, and supper time!"



So, let's review: I waited 5 seconds to see the doctor, paid $2 and got a prescription for vitamins that cost me $2! Overall, I give the Korean medical system an A+!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. But do you feel better? That's the question.

    Actually, let's be real...almost anything is better than what we have here.

    ReplyDelete