Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Farewell...

Last night, they threw a big Farewell Banquet for all the EPIK teachers, since tomorrow we will be loading the busses and heading to our cities! It was filled with WONDERFUL FOOD...


(I called this my baby shrimp)

PERFORMANCES...

This is our friend Rodney from Atlanta doing some free-style! He even incorporated Kev and I... It was something like "Kevin and Jill like Jada and Will." We were amped and felt like a million bucks, because there were about 500 people in the room watching him!


This was a Korean guy who played "You look wonderful tonight!" Kind of a romanic song for a farewell teacher dinner, but nice none the less!


These were 2 people in our class this week. They were AWESOME!

DANCING...

(Carlos dancing with Mimi, the director of the orientation)

(Colin and Kristen)

FRIENDS...

(Jess, Me, and Kristen)

(Rodney and Kevin)

(Jess and Carlos)


AND LOTS OF LAUGHS...
There's a story to this picture!

I asked one of the Korean servers where the restroom was. He didn't understand me, so I spelled it for him. Usually, if you spell words, they understand them right away. After I spelled it, he still didn't understand it, so I made a motion like I was washing my hands. He said "Oh" and started running across the banquet hall. I thought "hmmm, this is a funny way to give someone directions to the bathroom," but I followed him anyway. He stopped at one of the banquet tables, knelt down, pulled up the table cloth, reached under the table and pulled something out. He looked at me, with a huge smile, and a look of utter accomplishment in his eyes, and handed me this pile of NAPKINS!

This morning, we all looked at a map to point out where our schools are....

and said goodbye to each other before boarding the buses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment