Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, October 9, 2010

I saw a PIFF Film!

Last year, when I enquired about how to buy tickets for PIFF (The Pusan International Film Festival), my co-workers ALL told me, "Tickets for films are sold out weeks in advance," and you can only buy them these ways: 
1. online, on a korean website.
2. at Busan bank (which closes before I get off work) 
3. participating GS25's (Korea's equivalent of a 7/11) 

Needless to say, I never got around to buying tickets last year!  

What they neglected to mention is that 80% of the tickets can be purchased by the above options.  The other 20% of tickets can be purchased at the theater, just like when you go to see a regular movie!  gggrrrr.

So last night, after work, I took a bus over to Nampodong and walked myself up to the ticket booth and asked for 1 ticket for "Illegal," (a French and Russian language film, directed by Olivier Masset-Depasse, which won the SACD Prize at the 2010 Cannes Director’s Fortnight) which was starting in exactly 30 minutes...  and would you know it - there was a ticket available!  

That wasn't so hard now, was it?!

What was even better was, after I bought it, I ran into my friends Jenna and Annie who had purchased tickets to the same film!

I'm happy to say my very first Pusan International Film Festival experience was a success!   Here's the trailer:

Aaron and I are going back tomorrow to see a film!  We're still debating between "Inside America" and "If I want to whistle, I whistle."   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment