Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Bus Ride...

This morning, on my way to work, I gave up my seat on the bus to a 70 something Korean woman who didn't have anywhere to sit. She was sooo thankful, as they always are. When she sat down, she patted (sp?) her legs as if she was inviting me to sit on her lap. As a side note, when an older Korean asks you to do something, YOU DO IT! I thought this was a weird gesture, but figured if she asks me to sit on her lap, I guess I should. I waited though until the bus stopped, since we were on a hill, and it was fairly unstable.

The bus finally stopped, and just as I was about to move towards her to sit on her lap, she reached for my purse and set it in her lap and gave me a really big smile!

Can you imagine if I would have sat on her lap?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment