Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Jet Skiing on the "East Sea"

This morning, I was invited to go jet skiing out in the ocean from a guy who owns a jet ski store in Gwangali!  I, of course, said, "Sure, I'd love to" and off we went!  I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I said, "sure"...  I figured we would play around near the coast of Gwangali and dock 30 or 40 minutes later...

But, no, no, no... That's not what they had in mind at all.  We ended up riding for 5 hours from Gwangali beach to Imnam Beach (sp?), a whole different area, way, way, way further than I'd ever been before and then back.  We were actually outside of Busan when we stopped for lunch at a small and charming coastal village.   

The ride was amazing!  It was like nothing I've ever experienced before... We crashed in some of the biggest waves I've ever seen, and while I was laughing almost the whole time, I was REALLY scared for my life, as I flew 4 feet into the air at times!  I was riding with the owner, so he was always in the front of the group, showing off how fast he could go!  At one point, I looked at the speedometer, and we were at 76 kph, which is about 48 miles per hour!  

Towards the end of the ride, we were in smoother water (towards the shoreline) so I said, "Hey, will you go as fast as you can and then turn?!"  I don't know why I thought this was a good idea!  We went flying off - literally flying!  When we both came up from under the water he said, "That's very dangerous!"   haha

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely crazy - I love your adventurous spirit! It seems really safe there - like safe to just meet people and take off with them. What a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete