Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Denver, Colorado!

We left Vail yesterday and drove 2 hours East to Denver, Colorado, reaching over 11,000 feet and lots of snow along the way!  I love that when I snapped this photo, the elevation was EXACTLY 11,111 feet. Make a wish!

We made it to Denver around 2:30pm and checked into our AirBnB house, just a mile from downtown.  I am loving www.airbnb.com and the experiences we’re having.  This one was only $48 and while we would have loved to have gotten to know the lady who lived here, she was sadly out at her twins birthday party most of the night and asleep by the time we got home later.

At 3:30, we drove a couple blocks to meet up with Aaron’s old college friend, Jeremy, who now lives in Denver.  I love getting to meet A’s old friends... but I love meeting my old friends even more!  So, I left Jeremy’s place after a short hour and drove over to meet my good friend Jill, an old Arizona high school co-worker, at a cool neighborhood bar downtown!  It was sooooo good to catch up with her over the bar’s famous tatter tots and salad! (I’m so bummed I don’t have a picture of either of these! Ugh...)

After dinner, Jill drove me over to the Coor’s Field, in downtown Denver, so I could meet up with Aaron for a Denver Rockies vs San Fransisco Giants game!  It was one of the best games I’ve seen in years – 2 home runs, 1 grand slam, and a VERY close final score of 10-9 with the Rockies winning!  We may have sat in the nosebleed section but that didn't stop us from having a great time!

We tried to walk the mile back home, but we got into a shaddy area and had to jump in a cab for the final 5 blocks!  When we got home, we played with the cool black cat that lived there, watched a little TV and went to bed, knowing that we'd be up early for our big drive through Kansas in the morning... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment