Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Overwhelmed!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit overwhelmed this year with my teaching schedule!! I'm teaching 24 (40 minute) classes a week, and when you're teaching ESL, that means you're basically performing all 40 minutes of every class!  There isn't ANY downtime, and I never sit down during my classes here!  In fact, sitting down is a big no-no in the Korean teaching culture!  

Whenever I feel overwhelmed about something, I make a list... It's the OCD in me!  This time my overwhelmed-ness transformed itself into a lesson plan chart!  If any of you are teachers in Korea, I highly recommend making yourself one of these!  I have a print out for each week, with my class schedule, the grade and class I teach, and who I teach it with.  After it's printed, I write notes in each class box so I know what to do, and can look back to see what I taught the last week or the week before that!
It's the only way I feel like I can stay on top of it!!
You can easily make the template in Microsoft Excel, and if you're like me, it'll give you a piece of your sanity back!  Here's hoping I have at least 1 class cancelled this week!

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment