Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

25% Pay Raise!

I was just called down to my school Principal's office.  I never really know what to think when this happens... I know I'm never in trouble, because I'm not the kind of employee to break the rules, so I always just hope for the best!  Today turned out to be just that!

He ended up asking me if I would be willing to teach two (40 minute) after school classes a week to 10 or 15 1st and 2nd graders each class.  At first I was hesitant, but then when he told me what the parents would be paying for me to teach their kids, I could not resist!  In a country where education is everything, parents will pay top dollar for English classes with a foreigner.  If I have 20 total students sign up (which is the low end),
my yearly salary will go up 25%!!

I'm a millionaire ~ in Korean won of course, but a millionaire none the less! :)
Thank you Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment