Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Singing Culture!

With Norebangs (karaeokee rooms) on every corner, it's not hard to recognize that Korea is a singing culture! The grandparents class at my school sings every thursday, and teaching songs is part of the Korea-wide elementary school english curriculum! Yep, that's right... I sing in class! (Not just with my kindergartners... but with my 6th graders too!) I was horrified when I first started doing it, but it's no big deal now!
*
With that said, I thought it was really interesting that the students in korea don't do the pledge of allegience in the morning, but rather, they SING their national anthem! Makes sense, right?!
*
So, here are some of my 6th graders singing this morning. P.S. The boy in the front who looks like he is special, is INDEED special. :)


*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment