Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I wrote a book!

I've done a lot of things in my life, but this is something that I am extremely proud of!

On March 8th, Aaron told me that for my 29th birthday present, he was going to finance the printing of my blog into a coffee table style 11x13 hardback picture book and that he had already found a company that would do it! He had even downloaded the program, so I would be ready to start right away! (www.blurb.com) If you know me at all, you can imagine my unbelievable excitement! I think I may have even jumped and let out a yelp! What an incredibly thoughtful gift, huh?!

So, after probably 300 hours of text formatting, placing 1895 individual pictures (HOLY CRAP!), adding dates, and spell checking the entire thing, the book is finished!!! ALL 286 PAGES of it! I am so excited to send it off to the printer tonight! Here are a couple sneak peaks for ya! (I did screenshots of my laptop screen!) This is the front of the book!

and these are some of the inside pages!






Aaron, Thank you for my extremely thoughtful birthday present and for always encouraging me to continue writing my blog! You have given me an awesome memoir of my 1st year here, and for that, I am super greatful!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome gift Jill! You will have that to treasure always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I made a book of my blog up until I moved, but I didn't put much time into it! I wish I could do my xanga :)

    That is a REALLY awesome gift

    ReplyDelete