Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, October 9, 2009

Grandparents Know How to Get Down!

Back, by popular demand, are pictures of the grandparents class at my school! My school offers a free class to all of the grandparents of our students on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 2 hours! Sometimes there's a comedian... Sometimes there's a drum instructor, and other times there's a dance class! Last Tuesday was the dance class, which happens to be my personal favorite to watch!

Ususally the women dance together in the middle of the floor, while the men stand in a circle around them, clapping and dancing to the music!


This couple was really good! They were doing a swing style dance!


He was sooo excited just to be there!


The whole gang!


When the class is finished, there are always snacks! They lay out mats on the floor, and all of the grandparents sit in circles, eating rice cakes and drinking rice water. This week, they insisted that I sat with them! I was fed about 10 rice cakes by old grandpas - yes, literally fed, like I was a baby! It was adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment