Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 24, 2009

Sharing Soup with Strangers

Yesterday, after work, I went to a Kimbap (kind of like California rolls) hole in the wall restaurant in Gamchun-dong (The village around my school). It was really crowded, so I sat at a table with 2 older women, who happened to have offered me a seat. They were eating rice and 1 communal soup that they were sharing. They kept smiling at me and offerring some of their soup. I decided, what the heck, it is one of my favorite soups, and dipped my spoon in for a taste! Hey, I'm not sick yet!!

I think there's something to be learned from Koreans in the way they eat. Everything is fair game... Everything is ordered with the intention of being shared, even with strangers - foreigner strangers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment