Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, July 12, 2009

"I love you"



I'm convinced that these 3 words are the most powerful words in the English language. When my mom tells me she loves me, I feel unconditionally cared for and protected. When my dad tells me he loves me, I feel like a little girl again, being swept into his loving embrace. When my sisters tell me they love me, I feel special and bonded with them. When my best friends tell me they love me, I feel blessed and lucky to have people who chose me to love and invest in, and when Kevin tells me he loves me, I am complete.

This afternoon, I assumed my normal position at my favorite window to watch the rain come down, the mist roll by, and the clouds cover the sunlight. It's been a really dreary week around here... Sue (my librarian friend) saw me standing there and came out to see what I was doing. When she saw that I was sad, she looked at me and asked, "You miss your mom?" I nodded yes and she then said one of the sweetest things I've heard since I've been here, "Alexis, I know I am not you mother, and I cannot fix your sad, but I love you." What a wonderful moment...

1 comment:

  1. You are so nice to everybody that's why people likes you. We love here too. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete